Hazel Wood High School
I am extremely proud to be the headteacher of Hazel Wood High School and to belong to the Oak Learning Partnership. Hazel Wood High School exists to foster a sense of pride and community and provide opportunity for all to excel. We have professional and highly motivated staff and, in partnership with our young people, parents and governors, we aim to equip young people for the demands of the 21st century by offering every opportunity to excel.
Our school is built on the core values of Pride, Respect and Aspiration. We aim to ensure that we create a stimulating and disciplined environment, and to recognise that successful education lies in supporting the welfare of the whole child: their safety, health and happiness. By helping our students to develop an understanding of our changing world we will encourage them to become positive contributors to society.
Offering opportunities to excel, we aim to provide all our students with an education that equips them with the skills to achieve their full potential at school and in life. The message to our students is clear- we want them to make the difference and ensure they fulfil their ambitions and aspirations with pride and respect.
Mr P. Greenhalgh
Our Vision and Values
Fostering a sense of pride and community and providing opportunity for all to excel.
- To be a role model to others and demonstrate positive interactions with all
- To use good manners, treating others how we wish to be treated
- To engage with others and to be considerate and kind
- To be prepared and organised
- To listen to others
- To provide consistency of procedures, policies and professional behaviours
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all at Hazel Wood High School
- To engage, enthuse and inspire our learners thorough the whole school Journey
- To be inclusive by understanding the whole child and their needs
- To promote the ethos of the school within the wider community
- To demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- See every challenge as an opportunity to shine
- To work with integrity in order to be a good role model
- To reflect on our practice and seek to improve as a life-long learner
- To create a safe environment so that we are not afraid to try